DWS Logistics Inc.
Updated: January 19, 2012
When you voluntarily provide information for a specific purpose, we will assume your implied consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information for that particular purpose. If we wish to use your personal information for a different use or disclosure, we will generally obtain your additional consent.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time on reasonable notice, subject to pre-existing legal and contractual obligations, by sending an e-mail to the Privacy Officer. However, if you withdraw certain consents, it may limit the manner in which you can make use of DWS‘s services. For clarity, your ability to change or withdraw consent is not absolute. DWS reserves the right to continue handling your personal information in those circumstances required or permitted by law despite a change or withdrawal of consent.
- using identification information and contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so that we can identify you and deliver the services that you request and to communicate with you regarding those services;
- using information relating to your preferences so that we are able to deliver our services to you in accordance with those preferences;
- using customer relationship information such as your service requests, comments and feed back to assist us in delivering services in accordance with your wishes;
- using personal information for the purpose for which it was provided and certain other activities that are reasonably ancillary to that purpose. For example, if you apply for a job, we will review the information provided to assess your suitability for the job. As well, we will use your contact information to contact you if we need further information or if we would like to set up an interview;
- using your postal and/or e-mail address to provide to you information about DWS’s services and other items (including the services of third parties) that DWS believes that you may be interested in notwithstanding that your address may have been provided for a different purpose;
- analyzing your personal information to assist us in developing and enhancing our services and our website; and
- analyzing your personal information to assist us in conducting market analysis and strategic planning.
Other Collection, Use and Disclosure
As well, privacy legislation permits or requires the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
without the knowledge or consent of the individual in some specific and limited circumstances. We
reserve the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information in these limited circumstances
without your knowledge or consent. DWS may monitor your use of its services to ensure the proper use and operation of those services. As well, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent when that personal information is relevant to an actual or potential legal proceeding or when we are required or permitted to do so by court order, applicable law or regulatory requirements.
Use of the Website
In order to use some of the features of DWS’s website, DWS may require that you provide some personal information. Our web server collects the domain names, IP addresses and routing information of visitors. This information is aggregated for the purposes of measuring the number of visits, average time spent on the website, pages viewed, and other similar purposes. DWS uses this information to measure the use of our website and to improve the content of our website. A technology called cookies may be used on certain pages of our website. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so the website can recognize you when you return. Cookies allow us to provide you with tailored information and to provide services to you via the Internet. If your browser permits, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies altogether. (See the documentation provided with your Internet browser for more information on cookies and how to disable them.)
Accuracy and Completeness
When we collect, use or disclose personal information, we will make a reasonable effort to ensure that it is accurate, up to date and complete. To do so, we may need to request additional information from you or have you verify your information. If your personal information does change, we would appreciate it if you could inform us of those changes in order that your personal information in our possession remains accurate.
Retention and Destruction
For legal and business purposes we may retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably needed. Upon expiry of the appropriate retention period, bearing in mind our reasonable legal and business requirements, your personal information will either be destroyed in a secure manner or made anonymous. You should be aware that there are legally required minimum retention periods, which
DWS must and does observe.
Security of Personal Information
DWS recognizes its obligation to protect personal information in its possession and will make reasonable arrangements to secure that personal information against unauthorized access. These measures will be reasonable in the circumstance and may include providing access to only those individuals with a need to know the information, locked doors and/or filing cabinets and other physical and electronic security measures as well as contractual measures, such as non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements.
Requests for Access to Personal Information
On your written request we will provide you with:
- access to your personal information (if any) under our custody or control;
- information about the purposes for which your personal information under our custody or control has been and is being used by us; and
- the names of persons to whom, and the circumstances in which, your personal information has been and is being disclosed by us.
All requests may be subject to reasonable fees and disbursements. Where appropriate to do so, we may require advance payment of a deposit or the entire costs of responding to a request for access to personal information. As well, all requests must be in writing. We will also require sufficient information and detail from you in order to verify your identity and to properly locate the information.
Your ability to access your personal information is not absolute. DWS reserves all rights to not provide access to personal information in the circumstances permitted by law.
Requests for Correction of Personal Information
We will correct errors or omissions in your personal information where that information is in our custody or control. We require that all such requests be in writing and signed by you. We may require sufficient information and detail from you in order to verify your identity, properly locate the information and provide a response. If you make such a request, we will either:
- correct the personal information and, if reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any third party to whom we disclosed the incorrect information; or
- decide not to correct the personal information but we will annotate the personal information that a correction was requested but not made.
Corrections or amendments will rarely, if ever, be made to opinions, including expert or professional opinions, as opposed to factual information, which may be corrected if in error.
Contacting or Communicating With Us
- have any questions with respect to our privacy policies or practices;
- have any questions with respect to our handling of your personal information;
- wish to request access to or correction of your personal information under our care or control; or
- are dissatisfied with our handling of your personal information or any response we may have given,
please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Address: DWS Logistics Inc.
121A-31 Southridge Drive